Friday, July 18

When I Grow Up...

Several people around me are growing up and taking big steps into the adult world this weekend, and I will be enjoying watching from the sidelines with a cocktail.

Saturday my friend Brooke is getting married. She is my 4th friend to get married so far this year, congrats to her. Here is to hoping the food is good and no one tries to force me to dance. And since people are in town for the wedding this weekend I may be meeting up with some old high school friends tonight so I may not be seeing any of you this weekend. Try to hold it together.

I also just recieved a text from Annie (you remember her, she kicked our assess in the March Madness pool) and she gave birth to a 7 pound 15 ounce girl mere minutes ago. Her name is Reagan Emily Ramirez and both mother and daughter are doing well. Big congrats to her and her husband.

Even though a lot of my friends are at the point where they are moving on to new steps, I am feeling quite content where I am. I have always been a late bloomer anyway so it doesn't suprise me that I will probably be the last of my friends to do everything, dragging and kicking my feet as I go. I enjoy being able to do exactly what I want to do at all times without worrying about obligations. Don't get me wrong, getting married, having children and buying houses are all really exciting and great things, but I am not ready to give up my unobligated life quite yet.

7 comments:

Madison said...

Trust me, hold onto your unobligated life for as long as you can!!!

timidvenus said...

and really, youre not a late bloomer... ed and brian are like 40 years old, so you still have time to get a house. but, think about gettin knocked up here soon. lol

Monticore said...

Yeah if you grew up you couldn't have a night like last night (Oh I heard the stories)

Anonymous said...

totally uncalled for, sara!

lulu - i'm with you. i won't let the mortgage thing change me a bit. except i'm not planning on taking swigs from tequila bottles again anytime soon!

Lulu said...

I concur, no mas tequila! I was hung over the entire day yesterday. Of course the 8 glasses of wine, beer, and shot of Jamo certainly contributed. I just need to stick to Whiskey and I will be ok.

Instead of getting knocked up though can I just borrow my friends babies every now and then?

timidvenus said...

mellow- um, uncalled for? what? how old ARE you then? 38?

lulu- just let me know when, and ill schedule myself a mani-pedi day.

Anonymous said...

ha, ha. you know how old i am. big jerk.