Thursday, July 24

Project Runway Episode 2 Recap

In this episode, the designers had to make an eco friendly cocktail look with a twist-the models had to shop for the fabrics and materials with no input from the designers. Models may wear pretty clothes all day but they dont know much when it comes to design so this was definitely a challenge for the designers (and they bitched and moaned about it the entire time).

The winner was Suede, who likes to talk about himself in the third person to the annoyance of everyone.

I was personally not a big fan of this look, but thats because I just dont like the taffeta crap thats going on on the bottom. He did a good job of blending the fabrics together on top but I would never in a million years wear that. Instead of getting immunity this episode, the winner has their design up for sale on Bluefly which is pretty sweet.

My personal favorite was Terri's dress, which is much more my style.

The picture really doesnt do it justice but I liked the color and the neckline a lot. It was well done but I can see how it wouldnt stand out to the judges.

The loser of the episode was Wesley who created this little number:

Yeah, not so great. Of course the fabric he had to work with was not great and he probably didnt have enough of it but another designer had the same fabric and she got by alright.

At this point it is too early to tell who stands out or who is consistently strong. This was a difficult challenge since they had no control of their fabrics selection and since for the first challenge they had to shop for their fabrics at a grocery store, I look forward to when they have a more reasonable challenge to see what they can really do.

3 comments:

David Dust said...

Suede and his "third-person" talking act is getting on my nerves...

CLICK HERE for DavidDust's Project Runway recap.

:)

Monticore said...

Shit I forgot to watch last night. This Damn summer cold.

Lulu said...

I have a feeling they will show it again;)

Hope you are feeling better!