Thursday, May 22



Yesterday someone parked an RV across the street from the office in hopes of selling it. It is old, a bit run down but I absolutely love RV's. When I was a kid I was always jealous of the families that took road trips in RV's. I imagined the space, and the freedom of that kind of travel must be as close to shangri La as you could get.

My family road trips consisted of cramming in the backseat of a car with my sister next to me, crap strewn around me to keep me entertained but mostly I liked looking out the window and day dreaming. Don't get me wrong, our vacations were always great. We always had AC and my sister and I didn't fight very much but there was always something about the idea of being able to walk around while in route and not being confined to one spot for 5 hours that sounded very cool.

Even now I think it would be fun to get an RV and take a road trip with friends. Driving around the country, exploring, meeting new people, visiting our friends that are strewn about, fanfuckingtastic if you ask me. We could blog about our misadventures and start a cult following in the nerdom that is the blogging community. Who knows, maybe even write a book about the empiphanies of RV travel.

They are selling it for $9,500 or best offer...who wants to quit their jobs and travel with me?

9 comments:

edluv said...

what's this day job you speak of? just kidding, i'm on vakay (not oprah's vajajay) for 5 weeks.

but if you buy the rv, i'd road trip.

Adam said...

You know it's illegal to walk around in an RV while it's on the road right?

Always buckled for safety. =)

Adam said...

But I'd totally road trip with you.

Anonymous said...

I love road trips! Swing by and get me!

timidvenus said...

lol. i guess im the only one that is anti-rv. woodys family considers rving camping. wtf? they have to pack up the whole thing, and drive it wherever they are going, then it takes another half a day to get situated once they are there, cook their food in a kitchen that is way too small, sleep in a bed that is uncomfortable, and be cooped up together in 100 square feet of space, only to have to pack everything away in tiny cupboards, and drive back. it just seems like a pain. id much rather go tent camping, where you have less to do, and dont expect the bed to be comfortable, and your meals are cooked on a fire, and there is dirt on the ground, and whatever.

but, that being said, i would totally go with yall. ill just bring a tent and rough it outside.

edluv said...

who's talking about camping? we're talking about road trip. totally different.

edluv said...

and can we crawl around while it's in motion? or maybe do the worm? how about the robot?

Lulu said...

Yeah this is definitely not camping, thats an entirely different trip. Camping should be done in tents road trips though should be in rvs.

I will stick to walking around while its in motion, I dont care if its illegal, I am a rebel! You can do the worm and the robot though Adam, I will be your beat box. You know what I mean.

carly said...

What is this "camping" you all speak of?

I HEART ROADTRIPS!!

Aaaaand. I have a confession. I secretly envy truck drivers because there's something outrageously appealing to me about it.