Monday, May 19

Wah, Work Sucks


Work really sucks right now. Everyone is in a bad mood and stressed out so no one is talking to each other and when they do its short and/or you get snapped at.

My dad is stressed because he has an important bid coming up.

Tennesse is stressed because his wife got a job offer down south so they have to decide soon to take the job and move or to turn it down and stay.

Susan is overloaded with work because the City of Fresno is ridiculously anal with the paperwork they want to the point where they wont take paperwork that isnt filled out in blue ink. If you have ever worked with subcontractors you know that getting them to follow directions is nearly impossible and they usually take a few tries before they get it right.

I am working on Close Out documents for (3) projects so I am also dealing with getting subs to turn in the proper paperwork in the proper form. The State is just as bad as the City and they rejected the first set of close outs because the cover letter was not in the proper format and font, even though all the information is there.

And my mom just doesnt want to work and is still concerned that I am gay and/or bipolar for reacting the way I did to the gay marriage discussion.

Everyone is walking on pins and needles and someone is going to snap. So if Corin starts sending out texts about a workplace shooting rampage, chances are...

12 comments:

edluv said...

but is she concerned if you are gay and bipolar?


btw, i found the story about the officer involved shooting last night. it did happen. guy w/a knife, sheriff's were called, he came at them, they shot him.

Lulu said...

I think she would prefer one or the other she probably is afraid it might be both.

weird we didnt hear a lot about it that shooting. let me guess it happened in southwest fresno?

edluv said...

i forget, i think it may have been southeast.

Kris10 said...

Love the Dawson pic, where did you find that? ;) I think you should bring some liquor to work and maybe that will help everyone relax!!

Lulu said...

Gee, I dont know where Dawson came from...probably some funny girl passed it along;)

Actually liqour may not be a bad idea. Susan is always talking about her mar-gua-ritas, but honestly it would scare me to see her drunk. She has a pepsi and the caffeine makes her all hyper.

Adam said...

I always knew you were bi-polar!

See, now you should figure out a way to make her think that you have a heroin addiction.

edluv said...

(damn, i had something i thought was funny to interject there about heroin, but i'm not going to say it.)

maybe you should put up a bunch of pictures of kendall, although not with her current haircut, around your desk.

and talk about softball more.

Lulu said...

Well Kendall and I are going out of town together next week, staying at a friends place and sleeping in the same bed. Since she is already suspicious, I wouldnt even have to lie!

As far as heroin goes I do have some prime heroin adict veins but I think that would send her over the edge. I want to hear that joke though Ed, it sounds like it is going to be inappropriate, nice.

carly said...

I went to the roller derby this weekend and saw a girl wearing a tshirt that said:

(front) I'm so butch...

(back) I kickstart my vibrator and roll my own tampons.

I was amused and a little grossed out all at the same time. Maybe you should order one of those and make the most of Dress Down Friday. It could be dubbed "Operation Watch My Parents Flip Their Shit."

edluv said...

or maybe "op flip shit shirt" for short.

and kasey, the joke wasn't as good as you think. more about you already being herion skinny. see, already lame.

Lulu said...

Ok I think I have stopped laughing long enough to type a response. Sorry Ed, I wasnt laughing at your joke (but you already knew it was lame) but that "I kickstart my vibrator and roll my own tampons" is possibly the funniest thing a shirt could say. Actually since Adam is such a fan of the funny message tshirt I might get one for him instead.

And "Operation Watch My Parents Flip Their Shit" will be going down next week.

This message will self destruct in 5....4....3...

carly said...

PLEASE take pictures for us...