Thursday, May 15

My Top 5 List

2008 is almost half over but instead of going through a schpeel about where the time goes I am looking ahead to things I want to make sure I get done by the end of the year. You all are subjected to read this because writing it down publicly makes me more accountable so feel free to harrass me if I don't follow through.



1. Get my Peacock tattoo. I have an appointment with Monica tonight to talk to her about price, location, color and size. I am thinking I want it bigger then the drawing she had, if I am going to do it I might as well go big! I am really excited about talking color with her though, the blues and greens and purples, oh my! I have been thinking about what color to make the flower and havent made any decisions on that yet though. Maybe an orange or a reddish for contrast. Any thoughts?

2. Run the Trail of Two Cities Marathon and improve my time. Obviously I have planned this for awhile and I am already signed up, but I will need to start official training in July so I have until then to discontinue my bad habits. I have been slowly cutting back in certain unhealthy habits but I will need to go out less and drink less too. Sleep is incredibly important when you are training and I cant neglect my diet like I did last time either. If you are going to make the committment to run, no sense in doing it half assed.

3. Get my personal trainer certification. I have been thinking about doing this for awhile and have just started studying for the exam, which I won't take until the fall. Seeing as exercise is a passion of mine I thought training could be something I could do on the side or possibly find a way to do this full time. The main thing I am lacking in my life and in my job right now is passion and feeling like I am making a difference in someones life. That is something that is important to me and it is the direction I want my life to go in.



4. While I am on the subject I want to be able to do Scorpian pose by the end of the year only because it would just be bad ass to be able to do that (see above). I have never been a fan of yoga but I have been doing a new circuit training program that uses some elements of yoga and I finally realized how challenging it is. It is also a good way to relieve stress and stretch my muscles, especially when I am marathon training. Do you know how effing hard that is?? I love me a challenge.

5. Finally, get my fiances in order. Lord I hate this stuff but it needs to be addressed. Basically I need to pay off my credit card which I can easily do by the end of the year and start saving, which I have already started to do but thats for my tattoo and/or travel, not important things like oh retirement or something.


So thats my top 5 list. I have 7 more months. Ready, go.

2 comments:

edluv said...

scorpion? i thought that was missionary.

Lulu said...

Ha ha, nice one Ed:) It's a variation.