Wednesday, April 30

More on Cinco de Drinko


Yesterday I purchased a pinata much like this one. He is a pink, yellow and blue burro that I have named Paco. I have to tried to not get too attached to him though since inevitably we will be hanging him from a tree and beating him with a stick until his insides spill out. No one ever believes a pinata.

As I was doing a little research about the origins of the pinata there was something about Aztecs and clay pots filled with water or something, I am not really sure because I got bored until I found the song you are supposed to sing while hitting a pinata:

Dale, dale, dale,
No pierdas el tiro
Porque si lo pierdes
pierdes el camino.
Dale, dale, dale
Dale y no le dio
Quítenle la venda
¡Porque sigo yo!
¡Se Acabó!
¡Sigo yo!

which translates as:

Hit it, hit it, hit it (or Go, go, go)
Don't lose your aim
Because if you lose it (your aim)
You will lose the path.
Hit it, hit it, hit it (or Go, go, go)
Hit it, He didn't hit it
Take away his blindfold
Because it's now my turn!
I'm next!

Quite a literal song isn't it?

I also found the worlds biggest pinata which I frankly didn't understand.


You would have to hit it with a tree in order to get it to break open and unless Paul Bunyon is around that just isn't going to happen. This pinata may be big but is it an actual pinata if it doesn't fulfill its pinata destiny of getting strung up and repeatidly hit? I think not. Nice try Six Flags but I don't buy it.

On a more practical note, I think we may be able to string the Paco up on a high branch in the tree just east of my apartment but I am going to need a fairly long rope which I don't have. Any of you boys have ropes laying around we could use?

2 comments:

Adam said...

I might be able to get ahold of some.

edluv said...

oh, i got a rope alright...