Friday, April 25

It's Official, My Truck is Cursed

I drove my crappy S10 for 10 years. In that amount of time I wasn't in any accidents, and I didnt have any dings or scrapes. I have had the Silverado for only a few months and already it has been hit at least twice. I woke up this lovely morning to find a large black scrape on the drivers side door. The scrape is probably 2-3 feet long and it may buff off but it isn't coming off my any scrubbing I can do. At least the paint wasn't scrapped but c'mon, people stop effing hitting me!

UPDATE: I have found that with gasoline and a lot of elbow grease the offending mark is coming off. I scrubbed for about 10 minutes and took off maybe 5 inches of it though so it is a slow process and my arm is tired. I had to stop when the fumes from the gas started making me light headed. I now stink of gasoline and I will probably have to take two more times actrually get it done but at least it is coming off.

6 comments:

Adam said...

You might also try rubbing compound. Though, that's an abrasive and, if you abuse it, will take the clear coat and eventually the paint right off.

You sure you're not sleep driving and damaging your own truck? =P

Lulu said...

I just spent an hour with gasoline scrubing it and I got it all off and it looks like the paint is staying put so thats good.

Whats weird is that it looks like its from a bumper because its a black mark but I am trying to figure out how it scraped so high because it was above my tire. I am thinking it was one of those ridiculous I have a small dick so I have an obnoxiously large truck vehicles. So maybe I did sleep drive to Clovis last night.

Adam said...

Wait, is this the lady with the extended cab, full-size bed, pick-up truck, criticizing other big vehicles?

Lulu said...

Yeah I dont alter my vehicle with tires so big they could drive over me and not touch me, which would be how big this truck would have had to be for a bumper to scrape above my tires. What I am however referring to is the ridiculous altering of vehicles that reeks of inadequacy.

Adam said...

Ooooooooooh, just checking. =)

Lulu said...

Once a smart ass, always a smart ass right Adam? :)