Monday, April 28

I Have No Patience

At least when it comes to certain things and people. Tennesse at work can irritate me so very much and it is sometimes hard to hide that annoyance. What it probably boils down to is just a personality conflict, some aspects of his personality just clash with mine and he isn't a bad person but I kind of want to strangle him sometimes.

Case in point, there is a project we started 3 weeks ago and for this particular project my mom is handling the submission of the submittals and I am doing everything else. Although this is unusual to break it out this way, this is the 4th week of doing it. I on at least 10 occasions since we started doing the project have had conversations with him about my mom only doing the submittal submissions. Last week alone there were 4 conversations we had about it, the last one coming on Friday when he gave my mom an RFD that should have come to me. So I wrote him a note that said what I was responsible for and what my mom was responsible for so he could reference it since apparantly it is too damn hard for him to remember and in addition we also had another verbal conversation about it. So I come in today and there is an RFD in my moms inbox. I cannot begin to tell you how annoying this is, I just dont get it, really how hard is that to remember? It has been 4 weeks effing figure it out already. Does this effect my job that much, no but it irritates me that you can keep making the same mistake over and over again.

Along with this he has a very meek personailty and has no ability to be direct. It takes him forever to get down to what he needs or wants from me at work, he circles around the airport but does not take it in for a landing. I wish I could record a conversation with him so you could fully appreciate this. What would take my dad 2 sentences to say will take him a good 3 minutes to spit out and will usually end with me saying something like "so you want me to call him and tell him to pick up the submittals?" and him nodding yes.

I just want to say fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! I also realize that I probably have the ability to not let this annoy me so much but right now I am getting some perverse pleasure out of bitching.

3 comments:

Adam said...

You're just so damn intimidating! =P

Lulu said...

Thats me, Kasey the intimidator-Imagine me saying that like Arnold Schwarzenegger too because thats how I talk at work, with an Austrian accent. It gets me more respect from the guys.

Adam said...

I can imagine.