Wednesday, March 19

Thaank You Jay! (Alcohol and March Madness)

So Jay sent a link on Ed's blog to Modern Drunkard magazine online. It's a fantastic time waster. My favorite article is The 86 Rules of Boozing. Some of the highlights include:

71. It's acceptable, traditional in fact, to disappear during a night of hard drinking. You will appear mysterious and your friends will understand. If they even notice. (For you Nick)
55. If you think you might be slurring a little, then you are slurring a lot. If you think you are slurring a lot, then you are not speaking English. (For you Ed)

You really need to read them all if you havent though, you will laugh outloud and since it is Wednesday, I figure a little reading on alcohol is appropriate.

Speaking of tonight, those of you who are going to be a part of the March Madness pool, i need your filled out brackets by tonight. I can collect the money whenever you have it. I know of at least 7 people who are definitely in and possibly an 8th and 9th so the winner gets at least 60 bucks. C'mon Adam, last chance...you were pretty good at picking winners last night, live a little!

5 comments:

edluv said...

i'm planning on printing a few extra in case people still need to fill them out tonight.

Adam said...

Maybe I'll drink a different kind of beer tonight. How's that for living a little?

Lulu said...

A little on the mild side Adam, I think you can do better than that.

Thanks Ed!

Unknown said...

My favorite of those rules is

54. Never lie in a bar. You may, however, grossly exaggerate and lean.

I've broken that rule in both of those ways. If only I had known the rules!

Fishy said...

adam, so did you have a stella last night, i believe you did. you didn't live at all.

and by-the-by, love the rules. ineed to print them up, laminate them and put them in a book in my house. they would have to be laminated wouldn't they?