Monday, March 10

Sunday, Busy Sunday

My 6.1 mile race in Tower was yesterday at 8 am and it went really well. I was pretty cold and stiff when I began so I started out a little slow. Eventually I picked it up and ran a negative split which I dont think I have ever done before so that made me happy and finished averaging aout a 7:50 mile. For it being my first race in a long time I thought it went well and the race was well organized so I am sure I will do it again next year.

I need to look into running more shorter races like this one because it got me into racing mode again and it felt good to be competeitive. One of my mental running strategies is to pick people off to pass along my way. It helps me stay focused and it makes me push myself harder. It also just feels good to pass certain people, especially the boys and even more especially the boys that passed me earlier in the race (thats where negative splits come in handy) and damn that feels good. I do think I might have strained something in my right calf though, but it is just a minor annoyance.

I also had breakfast yesterday with Annie and watched some of the bike races, which was fun. I wish there were more events like that in Tower. Then I met up with my mom later and went for a walk around Woodward and had dinner. At the end of the day I was very tired and crashed out. I have been needing a lot more sleep lately and last week I went to bed early everyday but Wednesday. I felt a lot better during the day and I was able to workout harder so I think I need to keep that up. It is hard to think that I am missing out on something fun thats going onthough, but at the same time I have to keep my health in mind, which I need to do a better job of.

So that was my Sunday. Overall it was a good weekend.

2 comments:

m.wise said...

congrats on your good run

Lulu said...

Thank you Mike:)