Tuesday, March 4

Odds and Ends

Yesterday I went to Centerpoint Gym so I could try it out before I switched from my current gym. Some pros were that it is closer to my apartment, the hours are much better, there is a lot more equipment and amenities, and it is cheaper. On the con side I anticipate I will probably have to wait for equipment more frequently. Pretty much that is the only con, the gym is busier, so it was a pretty easy decision to make. Now I just have to break up with my personal trainer at my old gym.

This weekend I have the 6.1 mile run in Tower and also the 6th Annual Central Valley Bike Classic will be in Tower which is always fun to watch. Don't forget to spring forward your clocks and hour, as the time changes on Sunday as well (I really better remember this!).

I have signed up for volunteer orientation at the Central California SPCA on the 19th of this month. They have a lot of jobs for volunteers to do so I am hoping to work out a schedule where I go out there once a week and help out. I am going to fall in love with all of the dogs there though so it is probably a good thing I dont have a house with a yard because I would want to take them all home with me. Some of the duties they need help with are walking and socializing the animals, cleaning up cages, greeting the public, helping with special events, etc. so I am sure will find something I like. I would like to take the pictures and write the little blurbs they have on Petfinder because I am always dissapointed when they dont give any information and it seems like the animals from the SPCA rarely have any written info.

I am also considering doing some kind of fundraising for my fall marathon. Team in Training is a popular way to do that but I frankly find them somewhat annoying. Dont get me wrong, they do a great job of raising money for luekemia research but any race I have been in they are easy to spot because they are wearing the purple jersey and they are always super excited and super happy. Also their main goal is just to raise the money and they dont care as much about the race, which is fine, but I want to focus on running well too. I could always set my own thing up and raise money for a local charity on my own though, maybe the SPCA.

So thats whats new with me!

7 comments:

edluv said...

cool about centerpoint. i was planning on going over there yesterday w/heather, but we didn't get around to it. but it looks like we're going to hook that up, too.

and i'm getting ready to throw things out the window at runners.

Lulu said...

haha, I will make sure I have my protective gear on, including a helmet.

Seeing people I know at the gym will be different and fun. So much better than looking at a handful of old people:)

Adam said...

I'll stand outside and eat pizza in front of the windows.

edluv said...

hey, do you know what the $ for the gym is? brian was a bit hazy, and i still haven't gotten over there.

Lulu said...

It is 59 a month for a family of two and a one time membership fee of 59, but they took about half off of my intitation fee so yours may be 30.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Centerpoint, I went there for a while. If you go in the morning, it's the old man's club they sit around and drink coffee in their workout clothes.

Also good luck with the run! kick some ass!!!!

Lulu said...

Thanks Becky!
I work out in the afternoons, but I did notice that both times I have been in there there are old men hanging out at the tables in the entrance, working their eyes out at least;) One of them was drinking a beer yesterday.