Tuesday, March 25

Bad Mood

I am not in a good mood today. I got 8 hours of sleep last night yet I am still tired. Everyone at work is irritating me even though they aren't doing anything to irritate me. My computer is acting up, I tried to scan for viruses and it came up that it had expired, but for some reason it didnt warn me that I was about to expire. So I re-newed and I am scanning now but it will literally take the whole day and of course using a computer that is scanning for viruses is almost unbearable since it is so slow. My gmail and my work email are not working which are my most important addresses, but I can email through yahoo and hotmail.

I am really starting to despise my job and I am thinking about making a big change but that also scares me so I am stressed out about that as well. And it is quite possible that I am pmsing. I am not sure if thats the cause or just an addition to my bad mood but I am quite a peach today.

I probably should have just stayed in bed, but I am the only one around here who cant just take time off when I feel like it. My mom comes in whenever she feels like it, Susan takes Fridays off when she has people coming in town over the weekend and Tennesse took 4 mornings off last week (he didnt get to the office until 2 and then proceeded to give me a crap load of work when my day ends at 4 so I had to work overtime) to watch his son play golf in a tournament. When I ran my marathon last year I couldnt even get the next day off even though I was traveling from LA after having run 26.2 miles the day before. And people think that working for your family is all benefits and perks.

Sorry about the vent but I needed that.

3 comments:

Adam said...

See, and I would say, knowing Nick and you and Sara and Woody, and even in my experience, working for family is not the easiest or best way to make a life.

The whole dynamic is essentially one where you get taken advantage of because you're a lesser member of the partnership or business but it's assumed that because you're family, you'll pick up the slack, usually for low wages on top of that.

Lulu said...

I am glad that people who dont work for a family business realize this because I have always felt that most people see it as a cushy job. I am sure that there are cushy family business jobs but I would say the majority are the opposite and Nick and Sara and Woody are good examples of this. I know that I cant stay there, right now I am just working on breaking the news to my dad.

Adam said...

Good luck.