Monday, February 11

Starbucks and I are Heading for a Break Up

I subscribe to a newsletter that I get through HungryGirl.Com which is a website devoted to nutritional information, recipes and keeping up to date with new products etc. Much to my shock and horror their most recent newsletter informed me that Starbucks was going to phase out their breakfast sandwhiches.

This is not acceptable. I am absoultely in love with their reduced fat turkey bacon breakfast sandwhich. That and a coffee is the perfect quick breakfast. I do not like to eat sweet things in the morning and if they get rid of their egg sandwhiches all that leaves is the sugary items.

The good news is that I will spend less money by not going there as frequently. The bad news is there is really nothing thats quick to pick up to eat in the morning on my way to work that is healthy and good and doesnt have icing.

Damn you Starbucks, you are going to be losing one less of your 3 billion customers, so suck it.

4 comments:

Adam said...

Yeah, they must've started doing that already because I remember my older brother complaining about this a couple of months ago and how his Starbucks didn't have them anymore.

See, this is how the restaurants will get around the posting nutritional information. They'll just make sure everything is shitty for you and then you've got no choice. =P

edluv said...

i was watching a news bit the other night that was talking about how starbucks was having to re-invent themselves in some ways because they were starting to lose market share to littler shops. starbucks has been so focused on all the other crap that they've added to their brand that coffee quality and skill of making different drinks apparently has deteriorated.

with the sandwiches specifically the issue was that their smell was overpowering the scent of the coffee. which is a no no in a coffee shop.

but it's too bad, i liked the two i'd eaten there.

m.wise said...

i agree with everyone else, their breakfast sandwiches are great. so now we're back to the only thing i buy from them being a black tea lemonade in the summer months

Lulu said...

Yeah I think a lot of people will be dissapointed. I had one today before they are gone forever or until I lead an uprising.