Friday, January 4

Hooray for Friday!

There really is nothing better then waking up to the sound of rain in the morning. It does make me want to sleep longer but I was so exhausted yesterday that I went to bed early so I had a nice long restful sleep. I also rarely get a chance to wear my rubber rain boots and today was the perfect opportunity since a storm that rivals Hurricane Katrina is apparantly coming to the valley this afternoon. This is of course according to my paranoid co-worker Susan, it is seriously all she can talk about. She even went out and got emergency supplies in case the power went out and/or there was flooding and there just wasn't enough food or water in the house. Yeah and she lives in a tract home in the Clovis suburbs. Now my mom is also jumping on the paranoid train to delusionville, demanding my dad strap every tree in the yard down etc. My dad and I just roll our eyes at them. With my rain boots on, I am as prepared as I need to be.

I went to get coffee and a breakfast sandwhich from Starbucks before coming to work and was horribly dissapointed that they are no longer selling the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Sometimes the thought of a pumpkin spice latte was all I would need to get up in the morning, it was a driving force. I knew from the beginning it was only seasonal and as soon as the holidays were over it would leave me and I wouldn't see it again for another 10 months, but as prepared as I was, it still left a gaping hole in my heart. The vanilla latte just isn't as fun and exciting as the pumpkin spice latte and it never will be. Damn you Starbucks, damn you.

3 comments:

edluv said...

last time i mocked a storm it was katrina. if you remember, it was a fizzle @ first. and then it was a shit storm.

but having said that, i'm not too worried about today's storm.

Lulu said...

I mock every storm in Fresno, we just don't get very bad weather here. Well actually it isnt the storm itself I mock, it is the reaction people have to it. Having lived other place were real storms do actually exist, it is funny. It could lightning and thunder and absolutely pour and it would hardly be mentioned in the news in Texas or Indiana but here it drizzles and its the big story. Thats all I am saying.

Lulu said...

And having said that I really hope I have to eat my words later because I love me a storm!