Friday, January 11

Friday Quickies

- To the people who still turn on their Christmas lights: Christmas has been over for 17 days. New Years is gone and done with. Turning your lights on every night makes no sense and is dumb. Christmas lights are seasonal and much like I had to let the pumpkin spice latte go, you too should let the holidays go because Christmas lights by virtue of their name are seasonal.

- I bought at dress at Target the other day. It was on clearance for 10 bucks and I was in a rush so I didn't try it on. When I got home to try it on I thought it was awfully long but still cute and again only 10 bucks. As I was hanging it up in my closet I noticed the tag read "Maternity". I deduce that the reason it is so long is when you are 8 months pregnant your belly probably protrudes so much it must lift the length of the dress. Or maybe pregnant women are supposed to be more modest so they lower the hem line. I don't know but I lost the receipt so it won't be returned and I now have a dress I can wear at any size in any condition for years to come.

- To the bird that flew into my windshield this morning when I was driving to work: That sounded like it hurt.

- I have been wondering lately if feet can shrink. I have heard that when you get really old somehow it is possible to shrink and become shorter but that has always seemed odd to me. Do your bones compress? Do they chipped away little by little through normal activites and it is a cumulative effect? Or is it all just an old wives tale - I do not know but lately I have noticed that I have more room in my shoes than usual. I have been a standard size 7 1/2 for quite some time and for years have ordered shoes online in that size. The last time I ordered shoes was a few weeks ago and each pair was just slightly big, I also put on a pair of shoes that I havent worn in at least a year and they were big too. You cant loose weight in your feet, there is no fat or real muscle there, just bones and ligaments and veins and things like that which don't fluctuate. I have no answers, only questions.

7 comments:

Adam said...

People do get shorter because the discs in their spine compress and the vertebrae get closer together.

edluv said...

yeah, and if anything, your feet are likely to get longer, as many people's arches break down over time.

edluv said...

my dad used to leave up his outdoor lights all year. he called them his special occasion lights. would turn them on for his birthday and other random times.

auritus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I leave my lights up around my patio because they serve as an alternative light source for my patio light.

Lulu said...

See I have no problem with leaving them up, just not turning them on every night and this is especially so if they are heavily Christmas oriented. Honestly putting up and taking down lights is a pain in the ass so I undersatnd procrastinating doing that or just not doing it all just stop freakin turning them on every night, special occasions are ok.

Lulu said...

And while we are on the topic of holiday decorations, I went for a walk yesterday and saw no less than 5 houses that still had pumpkins out. I really don't get that.