Friday, November 9

Friday musings

I don't have anything to post about that is worthy of one in-depth post so I am going to go with the multiple short thoughts and tid bits style of posting today.

- My Dad thinks you that googling and mapquesting are synonymous. I doth protest but it is to no avail.

- My sister uses me as her personal Christmas elf. We usually go in on something for my parents and I usually come up with the idea, buy the gift, wrap it and deliver it. She just sends me a check. Oh the benefit of living far away from your folks. I however get to use the Fresno State football/basketball tickets on occasion when they don't want to go. I think I may have the short end of the stick on this one.

- Work has actually getting better lately. They are finally giving me more control and responsibility and I feel more useful than I did. I may prefer working in a younger environment but I am working and interacting more with subs so that helps counter act having to listen to the Dancing with the Stars recaps and about how awful hot flashes can be all day.

- One of the worst Guinness World Records - Largest collection of airline barf bags. Niek Vermeulen of the Netherlands has 5,180 airline sickness bags from 1,003 different airlines which he has accumulated since the 1970's. Congratufuckinlations, you have something to pass on to your kids when you die. There are some pretty ridiculous records which makes me wonder what qualifications one must have to be a in the book. If someone had the largest collection of hairballs a cat coughed up could they get a Guinness World Record?

-Yay to cloudy and cooler weather! Makes me want to take a nap. Cooler weather also makes me want to re-decorate from some reason. I have to re-arrange furniture every few months, it's almost complusive.

Well if you are still reading at this point, I am impressed with your stamina. You also must have a lot of extra time on your hands. Now go do something productive. That is all.

1 comment:

Adam said...

As far as the google/mapquest thing, I use google maps so I can see how one might develop some confusion.

If all you get for the hard work of picking out presents is some tickets to a crappy college game, you're definitely getting the short end of the stick. =P

Dancing with the Stars is Teh BEST!!!111!1

Once again, I have to contest your idea of worst records. Anything that is outside of your control, say, hair length, being born with six fingers, etc are things that I would call worst records. This barf bag guy had to do some real footwork or at least fly a whole heck of a lot to get his collection. I'm much more impressed with his effort than the fattest twins in the world.