Tuesday, April 3

the weekend etc.

Topic 1: So this weekend I went down to San Diego for my sisters bachelorette weekend extravaganza. For the most part it was fun, but also very annoying at times. It took me a little over 8 hours to drive to San Diego, spending about 4 straight hours from LA to San Diego in stop and go traffic. I generally enjoy driving, but not in those conditions, particularly because I have a manual transmission. One reason I love living in Fresno, traffic is generally not much of a problem. Another minor annoyance was going out to the clubs on Saturday. I haven't been to a club in a very long time and I thought how bad could it be for one night. As soon as I walked in I remembered why I loathe these places so much. I will save you the detailed description, we all know why they suck. Other than that though, it was nice to see my sister and the weather was beautiful, I even got a nifty trucker sunburn on my left arm from driving home.

Topic 2: The NCAA tournment concluded last night with Florida coming out on top. Only Vince and myself picked Florida to win, but I don't believe either of us have enough total wins to take it. I am swamped at work because my mom has pnemonia and is home sick and the office manager is on vacation so I haven't had time to tally the scores to determine the winner yet. I plan on getting to that this evening and I will announce the winner tomorrow.

Topic 3: So I am going to try something new on my blog. I have taken some time off from more intensive training but I am ready to get back into it and I am currently looking for a half marathon to run in the upcoming months to be followed by the Long Beach Marathon this fall. In order to help me stay a bit more focused I am going to start to post my training workouts on my blog so I can keep track of what I have done and that way I am publicly accountable for the work I am doing, which for me is motivating. This is probably of no interest to anyone else and feel free to ignore that part of my blog, but if you see me slacking by all means call me out.

3 comments:

Adam said...

What?! No running post yet? It's been like 6 hours! What are you doing, sitting around on your ass?

Git!

Lulu said...

I am sitting on my ass right now, not off to a good start but I did log a few miles from yesterday. I hang my head in shame, thanks for the motivation!

edluv said...

whether or not i won i'm collecting the money for leading the tourney for the longest time, based on the amount of time it said i was winning on your blog.

but, i'm also hoping i really won.