Wednesday, April 25

Implicit Association Test

I recently came upon a HArvard study that uses an Implicit Association Test (IAC) to determine individuals automatic preferences for categories such as race, sexual orientation, gender, religion etc. The IAT measures implicit attitudes and beliefs that people are either unwilling or unable to report. Considering myself an educated, open minded woman, I was horrified at the results of some of the tests I took. I find the study itself incredibly interesting and I encourage everyone to take a few of these IAC's to open your mind to what biases you have that you may not eve be aware of.

10 comments:

Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam said...

IT might be kind of cool if their website didn't run like it was fucking prehistoric.

Lulu said...

It's Harvard, they don't have a lot of money to waste on such things.

Adam said...

Dumb Harvard.

Adam said...

So I tested for a moderate preference of feminism over traditional values and classical over hip hop. No surprises there.

Adam said...

Oh, and I apparently have a slight identification with Shaq over Kobe.

That's not a shock either, even though I feel like I dislike both of them evenly.

edluv said...

this reminded me of the episode of king of the hill when hank hill was declared a racist because of a test like this where you had to push buttons on a computer real fast.

kendalljean said...

I seriously think it has more to do with the changed order. I'd like to try the skin color preference one with dark skin starting as good and light skin bad, and seeing if the results would be the same.

Lulu said...

I am a fucking homophobe! I am so very dissapointed in myself so I would love there to be a reasonable explanation because I really love the gays!

edluv said...

(read following w/memory of ed doing shaq voice.)

"shaq is a brick wall. kobe is a ferrari. who do you think would win?"

"officer shaq is here to arrest you."

"i'm the big aristotle."