Tuesday, April 17

Burritos, running and more!

I am feeling sad and angry from the horrific events of yesterday. Not much else to say about that that hasn't already been said, just a very tragic and uncessary event that should not have happened.

I got a free burrito from Chipotle yesterday. Mmmm Chipotle and yay to free food.

I had trouble sleeping last night, first time in a long time that has been a problem. I was hot and I couldn't get comfortable and my stomach was hungry for some reason (despite eating the entire Chipotle burrito).

My running is on a steady incline lately. I have been running faster and easier this past week and hopefully that continues. I still can't seem to pinpoint why some days are great running days and some days I struggle despite keeping a food journal and paying attention to how well I am sleeping and what I did the previous day etc.

Currently listening to some Social Distortion. I wish I could have caught them when they were in town last week, but they sold out. Good stuff none the less.

4 comments:

Adam said...

How did come by a free burrito?

Lulu said...

I got a burrito bowl on Sunday and they said if I kept my reciept and filled out a silly survey that I could bring it back and get a free burrito--it was some tax day promotion thing.

Anonymous said...

I find that my workouts fluctuate as yours seems to have been. I think a lot has to do with how you're mentally going into the workout. The days that I'm ready to go and can't wait to hit the gym are my best workouts, other days when I'm dragging and trying to find excuses not to go are some bad workouts.

I've also tried playing mind gaes with myself. Not allowing myself to look at the time or distance I've gone. Cause if I get an ok distance I won't push myself (if that makes sense)

I know I'm not training for a marathon or anything, but I just wanted you to know, you aren't the only person going through it.

Good luck!

Lulu said...

I definitely agree that there is a mental factor involved, but Sunday I went for a run and going into it thought it was going to be god awful because I didn't eat or drink well and was a wee bit hungover and it was my best run in a long time. It was strange. And you are right about playing the mental games, sometimes you just need that distraction!