Wednesday, April 18


About two years ago I hiked to the top of Half Dome and absolutely loved it and plan on going again this year. Unfortunately when we finally got to the cables and pulled ourselves to the top, clouds rolled in so there was no view to speak of. All you could see was a white abyss of fog that enveloped the rock which of course dissapated by the time we got back down the cables. In any case it is something that I would reccomend everyone do at least once and if you have never been to Yosemite well shame on you and get up there, it is one of the most beautiful places on earth in my opinion (despite the many tourists). So, if anyone is interested on doing this with me (so far I am flying solo) please let me know and we can go up there for the day. They usually don't put the cables up until Memorial Day so it would be a summer venture. Yes, this is a somewhat long and taxing hike that is pretty much all up hill (all down hill on the way back though) but kids were and old people were doing it when I was there so pretty much anyone can make it.

Also, if you want to listen to a high energy band that has a bit of a rock/funk sound may I reccomend Robert Randolph & The Family Band. I have been listening to them lately and they just put you in a good mood.

5 comments:

Adam said...

Sounds like a nice trip, I may be interested. Last time I was with a group that attempted Half Dome, we didn't make it and my face was all scorched and scarred from a candle incident the night before.

Completing the journey is much more fun.

Lulu said...

Well Adam you have to be careful when you are around an open flame. Fire burns things like skin. I assure you we will make it to the top though, I want to see that view without clouds.

Adam said...

It actually was the super hot wax that did the damage, not so much the flame, directly.

Lulu said...

Oh well hot wax, thats a different story. You must have just done it wrong then. You see hot wax is supposed to hurt so good not scortch you (havent you seen that Ricky Martin video??)

Lulu said...

Also, I wouldn't reccomend it on your face unless you were waxing your eyebrows...ahh thats what you were doing wasn;t it? You should really let a professional handle that for you Adam.