Tuesday, March 2

Smooth Move


Good morning! It is TMI Tuesday so it is time to talk about bowel movements, or lack thereof. I have all sorts of stomach issues that range from bloat (severe bloat, like I am 6 months pregnant bloat), gas, constipation, the exact opposite of constipation, and stomach cramps on runs. Running always makes me stomach issues more prevelant too wich really annoys me.

I generally experience every single one of these issues on a weekly basis. And yes I have been to the doctor and he tells me I have IBS, which is a bullshit disgnosis because it means nothing and there is no treatment so I am left on my own to find what works.

Saturday during the last part of my run, I had waves of stomach cramps. I am pretty used to this and there are not as severe as they once were so I just grit my teeth and keep going. I was fully expecting a bathroom trip at the end, but it produced nothing. I then proceeded to eat A LOT. By Sunday nigt I still hadn't had a bowel movement and my last BM was Friday. That is just not right considering the amount of food I had eaten!

I was at the grocery store and was looking for my Yogi Ginger Tea that I like to drink when I have stomach problems because it soothes my belly, but I couldn't find it. I did come across some Senna tea though called Smooth Move (Mike found the name of this product hilarious btw). Senna is an herbal laxative so it is all natural and this brand is labeled organic so that is always a bonus. Drink a glass at night and by morning you should have one on deck it said, although not in those exact words, so I decided to see if i could have a smooth move of my own.

I wasn't expecting much in terms of taste but this was actually really tasty, like I would want to drink this even if I wasnt constipated. Even Mike thought it tasted good. The next morning, the cramps began. So much for the ginger soothing the stomach cramping. It wasn't severe though and within an hour of waking up, it had done it's job. My stomach was a little off the rest of the day but nothing terribly uncomfortable. I would use this product again unquestionably.

3 comments:

duble-u said...

uninhibited girl to the rescue! everytime i think that i am too free with speaking my thoughts you post a little gem like this one. thanks.

Lulu said...

It is a gift;)

Carrie said...

I love me some good poop talk too. I've used "Dieter's Tea" or what I affectionately call Poop or Shit Tea. It doesn't taste so great but it invariably wakes me up with the tell-tale stomach cramps and a day spent running to the toilet.

It's not comfortable, but I like to think of it as a necessary evil sometimes.