Monday, January 18

Push Up Test

Yesterday I did my push up test and I completed 24 military style push ups without stopping. I would have liked to do 30 but came up short. I had also forgotten how out of breath push ups can make you, phew.

According to the website doing 24 gives me a rank of a 3 out of 7. They don't really define what that means in regard to your fitness level though. You do however need to know what your max is so you know what column to start out at day 1. Since I did more than 20 I get to skip the first two weeks and go straight to Week 3, woo hoo!

So today I will be doing 1 set of 12, 17, 13 and 13 followed by another max. 100 push ups, here I come!

2 comments:

Justin said...

I love the programs. I did the test for all three, and I'm pretty pathetic in all but the squats. Makes sense, seeing as my only real exercise is walking and cycling. I have determined to do all three programs. I get to skip to week three on the squats, so I'm going to combine it with the pushups, and on alternating days I'll do the crunches.

Lulu said...

Awesome! Let me know how it goes. I am waiting for them to get the pull up one posted because I could really use help with that one:)