Friday, December 4

Product Rave

Every so often I will come across a beauty product that impresses me so much I feel the need to blog about it. Since I don't spend a lot of money on beauty products, even though I have always heard good things about Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray at $22 bucks a pop for a 4 oz container, I never splurged and got some. However I was always intrigued that this product allegedly gave you that windswept, salty beach hair look because heck yes I want to look like this:

(Of course when I really do go to the beach my hair ends up looking nothing like this, much to my shagrin)

In the morning it takes me an additional 10-15 minutes to blow dry my hair, which means I have to wake up at 5:30 every morning if I don't shower at night. That is awfully early and sometimes I just want to sleep in just a little bit more. I tried letting my hair dry naturally and it wasn't very pretty, more frizzy and unkempt, so I decided to bite the bullet and try some Surf Spray.

This product is outfuckinstanding and worth every penny. My hair seriously looks like that and I didn't have a professional hair stylist (take that Jessica and Kate). I just groggily spray my damp hair and scrunch it a few times and viola! It holds the waves and is not at all crunchy or hard but feels soft to the touch and shines. You can also spray it on hair that hasn't been washed and it is supposed to work wonders then too but I dont usually go a day without showering so I cannot attest to that but I believe it because if I respray throughout the day, it keeps looking great. I keep waiting for someone to say "Hey Kasey, your hair looks so beachy, did you just come from the beach??" It'll happen. I am sure.

I like my hair long but I am too lazy/busy/unmotivated to spend a lot of time on it so this product is perfect for me. I just wish I had gotten it sooner. Bravo Bumble and Bumble!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I've heard about this stuff forever too and never bought it. I just threw away a cheap imitation of it that never cut the mustard, and after spending so much money on beauty products that I don't use or use for a while and then stop, I kinda gave up on it. Looks like I might be making a $22 purchase in the near future...

Monticore said...

I've been looking for something like this and my hair doesn't do well with out a blow dry so I might have to pick some up.

Madison said...

Hey Kasey, your hair looks so beach,did you just come from the beach?! Ha. I love this stuff, too. Wildaid Bohemian Beach Spray also works good and it's about half the price.

Madison said...

Oh, if you don't want to wash your hair every day, buy Pssssst dry shampoo from Walgreens. It's $6 and freakin' fantastic!

Lulu said...

Well the reason I have to wash it everyday is because I get really sweaty at the gym and so does my hair so showering is a neccessary evil. Maybe if it weren't so darn oily I could get away with it but who knows maybe it helps with that too. I have also been curious about dry shampoo...