Tuesday, November 10

The Weekend


This weekend I was in Austin for my sisters second baby shower. Even though I saw her two weeks ago when she was here for her Cali baby shower (she gets two of everything living out of state)I swear she has already gotten bigger.

They decided to name their daughter Harper Paisley Lucas and I think it's a great name. Some people have told my sister that she is going to be a musician based on her name but seeing as there is no musical ability on our side of the family or Chris's that I know of, we will have to see about that. I personally hope she is an athlete but however she turns out she is already starting out with a nice shoe collection:
These are to match her daddy's vans:


And of course, since she lives in Texas, a girl needs a pair of these:


The shower was really nice and we spent all day Friday shopping for stuff for Harper's room and that all came together nicely too. My sister is due in the middle of January and I cannot wait to be an aunt! The next time I see my sister she will be a mom, which is a bit strange, but she is going to be a wonderful mother. And since I am her only Aunt, I am so going to be her favorite;)

It was a good weekend but it is nice to be home. This weekend Mike and I are getting away up to Shaver and getting a hike or two in before it gets too snowy and cold. We might hike up to Devils Bathtub or if the road is closed up there already we will do Kasier Peak. I haven't done Kaiser Peak yet but I did Devil's Bathtub when I was about 14 or so and it was a really beautiful hike. Either way, I will be happy to be up and out of Fresno and into some nature.

No comments: