Thursday, September 24

Being in this office kills me sometimes

I generally feel quite isolated at work but this is especially true when it comes to the difference in my sense of humor and everyone elses. Case in point, my mom gets an email today from some random person saying that she won money and that she just needs to fill out her bank account info and yada yada to claim her money. I think most people (at least those under the age of 45) ignore these emails or don't even open them in the first place. My mom on the other hand prints the email out and shows it to everyone. She walks into my office and goes, "look at this email, can you believe someone would send this??". Susan composes a my address is none of your business which makes them both roar with laughter and they save it for my dad to read when he gets back from his meeting.

Yet when I am making copies and the copier keeps getting jammed and I say, I am just going to have to put em on the glass then, no one even realizes I am making a joke.

*Sigh*

5 comments:

Adam said...

I guess I better not bring all those forwards I've printed out and saved for you to read this weekend.

Adam said...

And can I just say that I fucking love that old people print that shit out as if there isn't a "forward" button included with all email software.

It's like they know that it's shitty and you'd delete it if it showed up in your inbox, so they have to make a hard copy to force you to read it in person.

Lulu said...

Oh it is cringe worthy the amount of paper that is wasted in this office due to printing out emails. Hell if either of our project managers checked their own email we would save whole forests every year!
I have vocalized my opposition to this practice and have gotten no where. Hell it took me at least a year to get them to separate paper and recyclables from trash and that is probably done in a mediocre manner at best.

Adam said...

Are you ready to hang out tonight? I have some awesome email forwards printed out for you!

Lulu said...

We will be there, but I think maybe just leave the forwards at home, lets play some dice games instead;)