Thursday, July 23

Late Night Caller

Last night I was sitting on my couch after enjoying the mango avacado black bean salsa tacos I made and watching 20/20 when the doorbell rang, at 9:15. I thought it was odd anyone would be at my door at that time of night and I certainly wasn't expecting anyone so I turned down the tv and sat and listened. Did I mention that 20/20 was about 3 women who escaped and survived when they were kidnapped, raped or stalked in their own homes? Hell no was I opening the door at that time of night, even if it was the nighborhood welcoming party with a plate of cookies.

I forgot that I had a peep hole because I am not used to having one so I waited and listened until I heard whoever it was leave. There was a rustling noise like they had left something so I tip toed to the door in my undies (yeah that was another reason I didn't answer my door), looked out the peep hole and saw a UPS truck driving away. WTF is UPS doing delivering packages at 9:15 at night?? I wish my mail carrier was this hard working, then I might have had my Netflix delivered yesterday so I wouldn't have to watch the 20/20 show on single women getting attacked in their homes and I wouldn't be so freaked out. I opened my door (yeah still in my undies, the porch was dark and the package was near the door)and found my supplements had arrived. Hooray! I can now take my caffiene supps in the morning so I can wake up without the expense of Starbucks or be forced to drink the black tar that is the coffee my dad makes at work and also get a little boost at the gym. My soy protien powder was also in the box, which is yummy and good for my muscles so when someone attacks me in my house I can fight them off and kick their mother fucking asses like the women on 20/20:)

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I would have been freaked out too - but I would LOVE to have my own place and sit around in my underwear, drinking my ensure all day.

Lulu said...

It is pure bliss! God I don't know how I am going to ever live with anyone again.

Monticore said...

I never answer the door. Eventhough I don't live alone, I say home is the place where you can sit around in a t-shirt and undies without a bra. I know that there probably was a time when people would answer the door even if no one was expected but honsetly I never answer the door unless I'm expecting someone. Unfortunately that means that Adam or Brian has been left out in the cold because I was too lazy to look out the peep hole. So please text me before you come on over.

Lulu said...

I second that Monti.

Monticore said...

By the way what is a caffine supplement? Is it different then NoDose?