Thursday, July 9

Early Morning Runs

I haven't been sleeping as well since moving into my master bedroom. It is slightly louder (I keep my windows open) and the Magnolia tree in the front looses a lot of leaves which blow around in the wind which sounds like someone walking around which makes me sorta on edge. It has been awhile since I have been on the ground level where people can more easily access my windows. I think the main problem though is that I haven't been running my AC so even though it is not really hot, I sleep better when I can curl up under blankets.

Anyhow I have been waking up fairly early and then just going back to sleep before my alarm goes off but this morning I decided to get up at 5 and go for a run. It is actually fairly light at that time of the morning and the air was so cool and crisp it almost felt like fall. I didn't go on a strenuous run, just a nice 40 minute run around the neighborhood and it felt so good. I really am a morning person and enjoy being up when most people are sleeping. I feel like I have the world to myself. I don't have to worry about traffic or people watching me, I feel invisible, which I like. It frees my mind to think about anything and everything or just zone out and daydream.

During my run this morning I decided that I will definitely not run the Trail of Two Cities Marathon this year. It had been awhile since I went for a run and just enjoyed it. Training would suck the joy out of it and would make it feel like a chore right now. I am also really loving lifting and that definitely has to be scaled back if I am training for a marathon and I know that would make me unhappy because it did last year. It is also really time consuming and I want to use my time doing other things like working on the house right now and into the fall. I may still run the half though because I do that without a lot of training.

I will probably do the early morning run a couple of times a week now, at least until it starts getting lighter later in the morning than it does now. It really wakes me up, I don't even need coffee! It is just a pleasant way to start the day.

No comments: