Monday, May 11

Weekend Wrap Up

I have to say it was a pretty good weekend for me. On Saturday I went on a canoe trip down the San Joaquin River that turned about to be a lot of fun. I went with my parents and two other couples that are friends of the family and one of their sons. We started at Lost Lake and canoed for about 5 hours until we got to just before Woodward Park.

The highlight of the trip was definitely my parents capsizing within the first 10 minutes of us being in the canoes. The water was really cold too (45 degrees) which was an added bonus. The second best part was when my mom tried to get me with a water gun from the shore and ended up falling and completely soaking herself yet again. And then one of the other old folks also took a tumble in after teasing my parents mercilessly for falling in. I managed to stay above water and kept all the teasing to myself until after I got out of the canoe because I didn't want to experience any retribution karmic or otherwise.

It was a beautiful trip though, the weather was great and the river was really gorgeous. I really wasn't aware that anything like that existed so closely to the city. Besides the splashing of capsized canoers and the bickering of old married couples, it was really peaceful and something I would do again in a heartbeat.

Other than that since we celebrated Mother's Day Saturday, yesterday was spent doing more packing. I had the best of intentions to pack a little something every night but suprise suprise, that hasn't exactly happened. Just like in school when I would start the 15 page research paper the weekend before it was due even though I planned on writing a page every week. Oh well, it will get done, I work best under pressure anyway.

And just a reminder, pretty please try to keep Saturday, May 30th open to help me move. There will be beer. Lots and lots of ice cold beer.

2 comments:

Adam said...

I did that canoe trip in college for an environmental studies class. It's really fun.

Congrats on not falling in.

edluv said...

i've tubed on that section of river, although quite a bit later in the season.