Tuesday, May 12

I haven't been sleeping well lately. I will crash out really hard for a few hours and then wake up in the middle of the night and have trouble going back to sleep. Allergies are part of the problem because I can't breathe very well at night and wake up with a stuffed up nose and dry throat, but I think stress must have something to do with it too. I have a lot going on and a lot on my mind and typically for me I can't seem to stop myself from thinking about it.

I have absolutely no feelings of regret whatsoever when it comes to buying my house (it still feels weird to say I bought a house) but I also want to get in there and get some things done and I feel like I am in a holding pattern. I really look forward to having people over and I want things to look just so before that happens so I have A LOT of work to do. I have been watching a lot of HGTV to get myself ready;)

I also had a hard time sleeping last night because I suffered a red ant attack that left me very itchy. I had gone out to my truck last night to get something and as I am leaning into it I notice some stinging in my foot that I just ignored at first but then it was all over my feet and I look down and I have red ants crawling all over me. So I do the red ant dance and smack them off of me, in my pj's nonetheless, and then step on a sticker that causes me to say "god fucking damnit" fairly loudly and unbeknownst to me there was a small child walking by with her parents. Oops. It really hurt though! Anyway my feet were very itchy last night and I couldn't sleep.

Finally all this restless sleeping caused me to have my recurring stress dream. Although the circumstances are always a little different each time I have it, the part that remains constant is I am enrolled in a math class that I forget about until halfway through the semester or if I am really stressed out I forget about it until the final. When I remember I am taking this class I get really agitated because I am bad at math in the first place (you know, being a woman and all) and I know I won't be able to catch up and I will fail the class and usually I can't even remember where the class is. I am getting stressed out just thinking about it right now. I know, nerd alert, because failing a class would be the end of the world but for some reason it feels tantamount to a death sentence in my dream. I am always enormously relieved when I wake up.

So that’s what’s going on with me. I had been posting a lot of pictures lately so I wanted to change it up.

5 comments:

Kris10 said...

Holy freakin crap, no joke, I have the same exact reoccuring dream about the math class thing!!!!! SISTERS!!! :)

Lulu said...

Thats really weird, especially since we have never talked about that from what I remember. And twins think they have a special bond but do they have the same dreams?? ;)

mell0w said...

i'm not trying to crash the love fest, but i have that dream too sometimes. sometimes it's an unfinished law school class instead. and i agree, it's a huge relief when you wake up and remember that you're done with school.

Lulu said...

Not crashing at all, in fact join the party:)

m.wise said...

when i have that type of dream, sometimes i am in high school and sometimes i am in college. i either don't know where the class is, or i stop going, or it's moved and i don't know where, or i can't find my schedule that says what classes i have at what time on what days. yeah, that dream always sucks.