Thursday, May 28

House Update

After a long arduous wait, I got word yesterday that the seller agreed to my compromise and I indeed did buy a house. This pushes escrow back about 2 weeks because the house needs to be tented for termites and the seller needs to do the agreed upon repair work in the bathroom still. I am currently trying to fanangle with my landlord to get 2 extra weeks in my apartment but if that doesn't work I will have to be out Sunday. Two weeks at my parents house is much more manageable than an indefinite period of time. Besides it's not like it would be tough to lounge around the pool all day:)

I still don't think I will truly believe that I am a homeowner until I get those keys in my hand. There is still a chance of something going wrong in the next 2 weeks, albeit a slight chance, but I won't be completely at ease until that happens. I am starting to let myself get excited again though:)

2 comments:

edluv said...

congrats again.

Madison said...

Congrats! I know it was a hassle, but you're almost through it! Nice compromise by the way, a lot of homeowners aren't making concessions even though the markets suck.