Friday, March 27

Yummy Wrap

I would not consider myself a cook, however I don't eat out very often so I prepare a lot of meals. One of my favorite new non recipes is my version of an asian peanut wrap and it goes a little something like this:

low carb or whole wheat tortilla
peanut butter (natural pb is better but I hate the taste so I settle for Simply Jiff which just has a little less sugar)
Diced chicken or roast beef deli meat
salad (from the bag so whatever mix you like, I usually got with the 50/50 stuff)
cucumber (matchstick cut)
carrots (matchstick cut)
sliced green onion
peanuts (I usually toast these in a pan with garlic salt)
Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame dressing and marinade (this stuff is great, really flavorful and low in calories)

Spread a very thin layer of peanut butter on the tortilla. Top with the rest of the ingredients and add a little of the dressing and viola, you are done. Now you can eat and enjoy!

It could not be any more simple to prepare, you can add as much or as little of the ingredients that you want and it is low in fat, has protien, provides you with some good veggies and is low in carbs. Now you may be thinking, but Kasey you are anti low carb diet, and you would be right. However too much of a good thing is usually a bad thing. I generally don't find I taste much of the tortilla anyway so the one with the lowest calories works for me and that is always the low carb tortilla. I would rather save the carbs for something else.

Anyway if you want something easy and healthy to make for a dinner or lunch, give it a try and make it your own. Please to enjoy!

4 comments:

Lulu said...

I forgot the cilantro. Everything is beter with cilantro.

Monticore said...

That sounds good. esp with cilantro.

Justin said...

Have you tried the rice paper wrappers for spring rolls? They are the same size as a tortilla, but you soak them for a couple seconds in warm water so they soften up. Super tasty with some fresh veg cilantro and peanut sauce. Look for them in the "ethnic" aisle.

(what a weird spelling...aisle..a silent s just lurking in the middle of the word)

Lulu said...

No I havent Justin, I will have to look into that because I do love spring rolls. Thanks for the suggestion!