Monday, March 30

What I Did This Weekend

Although I didn't do a whole lot socially, I had a really busy and productive weekend.
First, it appears my new workout is pretty intense because it shocked and exhausted my body. I am still a little sore from the leg routine I did Friday (Ed I did front squats. I looked into variations of the front squat and was a dumbass and didn't think I could hold the bar like I was doing a clean and when I hold the bar like that it is far more comfortable. It actually helps with my balance a lot and I can go down a lot further so I am super excited you brought that up!). Saturday was chest and triceps, and my triceps are still quite sore, and yesterday I did back and biceps.

Unfortunately my energy yesterday was really quite low and I was feeling sluggish so instead of pushing it I opted out of my cardio and I am making today a rest day. I know when I can push my body and I know when it needs rest and right now, it needs rest. One thing new I am incoporating is assisted pull ups and tricep dips. I have alays sucked ass at pullups and perhaps I just do not have pull up muscles because despite the fact that I am a lot stronger in my upper body than I ever have been, I still struggle a lot with assisted pullups! However it has never been something I have worked on so I am going to see if working on it with the machine might help build those muscles up specific to pull ups.

Aside from exercise, I have been a cleaning and organizing fanatic lately. Knowing that I may possibly be moving in the near future if I find a house, I have been trying to go through a lot of my stuff and getting rid of crap I have accumulated. Saturday I cleaned out my bathroom and threw away a bunch of old products I don't use. I must have an affinity for shampoo and conditioner because despite the fact that I have 3 bottles of each in my shower, I also had about 3 of each in my cupboard and threw about 3 of each out. I also got a new wlecome mat after reading a story about how 90% of welcome mats have fecal matter on them that you track into your home. That and it was old and needed to be replaced. But really, the fecal matter thing totally grossed me out.

Yesterday I tackled my bedroom and closet. I swear I went through my clothes this fall and threw out 2 bags of clothes and this time I did the same. A lot of that was old workout clothes though. I am not one to hang on to things for any reason if I don't wear them, I love to get rid of things I don't need. I also bought a shoe organizer which I put together incorrectly but it took me so long to put it together wrong that I didn't have the patience to take it apart and put it together correctly. So instead of holding 16 pairs of shoes it holds 8. Whatever, it did give me some more floor space. I also really need to go to a seamstress to get a couple of items taken in. Mainly 2 pairs of jeans that fit great in the ass and thighs but are too big around the waist. I watch What Not To Wear too often to not know that is an easy fix, I am just lazy getting to the seamtress.

But the most fun I had yesterday was planting new succulents! I had (2) cans of pineapple chunks that I cleaned and peeled the label off of and thought they would make good planters for some succulents. I love succulents, they are so modern yet they have so much personality. I also liked the contrast of the metal can with the green of the plant, simple but striking. So after going to (3) different Targets, I finally found one that had a nursery and I bought 8 of the little guys. Then I took the cans, poked holes in the bottom for drainage, put a small amount of rocks on the bottom and then filled them with potting soil and the succulants. I also had (2) additional containers that I had lying around and made (4) different containers. Now my ledge outside my apartment is full:


Close up of the succulants in one of the tin cans:


A small pot with (3) different succulants:


Close up of the one that looks like a lotus flower:


I can't wait to see them start to take off. They are so adorable and you never know when they might start a flower or have some weird growth pop out. You can guarantee that when I do have a house, these guys will be all over the place.

If anyone ever comes across old coffee cans like these, let me know because I think this is super cute:


And eventually I would love to make this wreath that I also think is awesome:



So thats what I was up to.

2 comments:

edluv said...

do you name your plants?

Lulu said...

No but funny you should ask because I was thinking about doing that today. Trouble is, I will never rememeber the names so mabe I should just name them all Gifford.