Thursday, March 26

Day Off

Today is Thursday and I try to take Thursdays off from the gym and/or hard exercise. Since I generally lift 6 days a week, Monday is legs and back, Tuesday is Chest and Triceps and Wednesday is shoulders and biceps, it gives me a day to rest before repeating that rotation. It also gives me a good 3 full days rest from doing any difficult leg training which is important because my hamstrings are still sore from Monday.

Anyway today is my rest day and I hate it. I don't really know what to do with myself but I did get my new issue of Muscle and Fitness yesterday so that means it has been 4 weeks since I developed my last routine so it is time to come up with a new one now! This afternoon I will start by going grocery shopping for some good healthy food, my diet is really something I need to work on. I don't eat junk food or overeat often but with the amount I am lifting I really need to get the correct amount of protein and carbs in me so I stay healthy, and that is a lot more scientific than I am comfortable with. I am trying to learn more but it is quite complicated. Simple carbs for after lifting, complex carbs during the day, protein after I lift and don't get me started on how much of each.

After shopping I am going to be looking through all of my books and magazines and figuring out what my routine will be for the next month, I do not want my body to get too used to anything and stop making gains. I would like to incorporate 1 day of plymoetrics, possible in lieu of my second legs day. I like plyometrics and used to do them often when I played volleyball and I really lke them too, great for working up a sweat and leaves you exhausted which is the way I like to feel after a workout.

Once I get that all figured out it is time to make some tofu lettuce wraps with peanut sauce (yum!) watch some NCIS and the Office and then probably hit the hay. In bed at 10? Yeah you are. I am so exciting I have probably put you to sleep with this post.

No comments: