Monday, December 29

You know whats a bad way to start your Monday morning after a long holiday weekend? Falling down your stairs when you leave for work in the morning. I locked my door, turned to take a step and it was still pretty dark and I was stll pretty sleepy so I couldn't see very well and missed a stair or something because before I knew it I was falling forward and my left shin slammed into the stairs. While I was toppling over I grabbed the railing with my left arm to keep me from doing somersaults down the rest of the staircase, which jerked my shoulder back pretty hard. So I sort of slid down a few more stairs and then stood up.

My shin has a nice bump on it and it shook me up a bit but I am fine. I am certainly glad there was no one around to witness my graceful start to the morning.

Speaking of falling, Saturday I went up to Sierra Summit to try snowboarding for the first time. I have a lot more respect for skiers and snowboarders now because that shit is hard. I felt completely out of my element but my friend Melissa geared me up and told me what to do so I wasn't as lost. I luckily had really great conditions for my first time as well. The sun was bright and it was warm and the snow was pretty recent so it wasnt hard. Unfortunately there were a bunch of people there and since I was on the bunny hill I was with a bunch of kids. I didnt care that 6 year olds were making me look bad, but I was paranoid that would take them out because I had absoultely no control. So because of that I purposely fell most of the time instead of riding it out and seeing what I could do.

It wasnt nearly as miserable as everyone made it sound. Falling didnt really hurt (thank you budunkadunk) and I wasnt sore the next day either. It was really hard though and I would get freaked out when I started to pick up speed. I dont think I will be picking this up as a regular sport but I am glad I tried it.

It was absolutely beautiful up there too. There was a ton of snow and all of the trees were covered in it. Unfortunately the cabin is out of the question for the weekend though. We would have to get it plowed to even get to the cabin and then spend another hour or so digging our way to access the door and we wouldnt even be able to park at the cabin so we would have to hike in. It would just be a pain in the ass so we will have to do it another time. Besides I could use a few days at home without a lot to do, I havent stopped since last week and I am pooped and my apartment needs some TLC.

Anyone have any ideas for New Years Eve?

2 comments:

edluv said...

adam has a new year's idea...

Adam said...

Yeah, I hope you got my text message. I'll be sending out info later.

By the way, no more tumbles, k? You be careful.