Tuesday, December 23

Argg, The Bloat is Back

So this IBS thing is really annoying. I have been a lot better since the marathon and just yesterday I was thinking that I hadn't had the bloat in awhile, by far the worst symptom. Well I spoke too soon. My stomach has felt full the whole day and just about an hour ago the bloat returned, mking me look 6 months pregnant. It is incredibly uncomfortable. On the inside it feels like my intestines are all twisted up and knotted so nothing can get through. On the outside my stomach is all stretched out and I cant suck it in at all, or even stand up straight.

It is really difficult because it literally puts a cramp in my day. I just want to lay down on my stomach which must stretch it out or something because it is the only position I feel relief. I however have things to do and dont have the time to spend laying around. It also makes me feel gross and disgusting and I cannot figure out what causes it. When this happens there is no common food that I have eaten, it is different everytime.

Bah IBS, bah!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i bet a beer and some sriracha would take care of it.

Adam said...

Hehehe.

If it's anything like gas, lying on your stomach relieves the pressure because it allows the gas to move towards an "exit". =P

I'm not really sure what causes the bloating though, so it might be something utterly different.

Lulu said...

Mellow-beer would make me bloat more and I have no idea what sriracha is and I am too lazy to look it up so I will ask ya about that later.

Adam-see the problem is the gas wont go to the exit, if I could pass it I would and the same with having a bowel movement. Maybe I need to surgically implant an exit sign. I know its there but it freakin wont come out and I eat fiber and take fiber supplements! Anyway they are all ibs symptoms so they come and go, lovely isnt it?

Adam said...

Yeah, I'm not jealous.