Tuesday, November 25

Work Vent!

It has been a little while since I vented about work, even longer since I vented about the old man (what I call my dad when I am annoyed) but sometimes he can just make no sense and be a bit of a diva.

Yesterday he asked me to make him copies of the various logs for a job that he was going to be attending a meeting for. Ok, no big deal. He told me the meeting would be at 2 today and that he didnt need them right away. Since I am slammed at work and have been for the past few weeks I wasnt able to get to them until this morning. I also was continually interrupted by phone calls etc so I wasnt able to get them copied at the same time but went back and forth. At about 9:30 he reminds me that he needs the logs. I had done about half of them at that point so I told him I was on it. I finish copying all the logs before I could hand them to him an issue with another project came up that I had to get to so they were sitting on my desk. The morning goes on and the old man leaves without telling me so I wasnt aware he was gone and by about 1:30 I ask my mom where he was because I had left the logs and a submittal on his desk to take to the meeting. She isnt sure and calls him and he is already on his way to the meeting and when she asks about getting the logs and he responds "no, she didnt have them ready".

WTF!!! I had them effing ready, they were just on my desk and not his. Does he want me to gift wrap them and leave them at his feet for fucks sake? And why would he not just ask me when he was leaving where they were? It would have taken 2 seconds for me to hand them to him. But because he is either too important to not be bothered by that or he forgot about the logs and blames me because I didnt shove them in his face to remind him. And how was I supposed to know he was leaving in the morning and wouldnt be back bfore his 2 o'clock meeting? It is just ridiculous and even if I tried to reason with him he would tell me to stop arguing with him and walk away. The old man is not dense but sometimes I think he has cotton between his ears.

6 comments:

Adam said...

Sweeet. A WinCo vent and a work vent in the same day! You and me both are bitter this afternoon.

Table for two please!

Lulu said...

I have to actually take this one back. When he came back he said that he didnt have time to come back and get the logs before the meeting. I dont know why he told my mom I didnt have them ready but maybe he re-considered his position. Whatever the case, we are cool now. I totally stand by my hatred of WinCo though.

Monticore said...

Good to hear your on better terms but it's called c-o-m-u-n-c-a-t-i-o-n, look it up bicthes.

edluv said...

it's actually called c o m m u n i c a t i o n.

spellcheck homie.

Adam said...

I was wondering what comuncation was.

And who are you calling a bicth?

Monticore said...

As I have said before I am not a good speller especially when it comes to double letters. Just good to know Ed is following me around the blog world correcting my errors with Adam right behind him. Jerks I say, the lot of you!