Monday, November 3

Today starts my last week before the marathon, and it is going to be a tough week for me. I am used to spending about 2 hours out of my day at the gym, including walking to and from the gym. When I get home I am exhuasted and I eat dinner, take a shower watch a little tv and go to sleep.

I will run 3 times this week, a 4 miler and two 3 milers I believe. I cant do any leg exercises but I can do a little upper body and core work. In any case I seriously dont know what to do with myself when I dont go to the gym and I get depressed if I dont work out. I dont want to sit at home and watch tv so I was thinking I would read a new book. Can anyone suggest something that I may like? I just finished Water for Elephants which was ok, entertaining but somewhat predictable. I dont want anything too intense but something I can bring to the coffee shop and waste some extra time I have.

Suggestions?

UPDATE: I just checked the weather report again and now it is showing a high of 69 degrees and no rain. Perfection.

5 comments:

Adam said...

You're welcome to come over and peruse my collection if you like. Have you read any Chuck Palahniuk? That might be good.

Lulu said...

I have not but I am interested. Do you have other books of his besides fight club?

Adam said...

I know I have Haunted lying around and I may or may not have copies of Survivor or Choke. I can't remember.

Anonymous said...

I recommend Drop City by T.C. Boyle. I'd describe it but I'm too busy today. Try googling it. Also, is it okay to go on walks? That would pass some time without taxing your body too much.

edluv said...

i have survivor, choke & fight club.

i've also got a pretty good book, nonfiction about mumia abul jamal.

and a whole lot more. i buy books, i don't necessarily read them.