Monday, November 24

The Holidays

For Christmas this year I intend to make the majority of my Christmas presents as well as all of my Christmas cards. I usually think about doing this every year and by the time Christmas rolls around I will have procrastinated too much and end up buying something because it is easier. Hopefully I will be able to get my act together and follow through on that this year.
Not only can this be economical but I really enjoy [attempting] being crafty and making things. This is especially true around the holidays. It will give me something to do with my free time though since I am in need of another hobby besides going to the gym and then hanging out in front of the tv until I go to bed.

For Thanksgiving this year my family and I are nixing the turkey dinner. There are only 3 of us and we see each other everyday so holidays are not exactly special at the moment. So we decided to do something different instead and are volunteering at a retirement home. I assumed we will be serving dinner, but we are going to be getting there at 10:30. I know seniors like to eat early but thats a little ridiculous so I dont know what we are going to do. It will be nice to spend time with my parents in that setting though and to be able to hopefully bring a smile to someone who doesnt get to spend time with their own family. Of course they may just be grumpy and find me as charming as a rock and throw food at me. Either way it will give me something to blog about. And since I am not a huge fan of the turkey dinner, I doubt I will miss it.

Anyway thats what is going on with my holidays. Anyone have any cool plans or things they are looking forward to?

Oh and one last thing. I think it would be fun if we take a road trip up to Yosemite sometime over the winter. I don't think I have been there in the winter yet and I think it would be beautiful.

2 comments:

m.wise said...

i'm all for the road trip.

and i plan on going to the desert for thanksgiving. my family always does this.
so my mom asks me when i plan on seeing them. and i tell her wednesday eveing through friday or saturday. okay, great. and then she reminds me where they will be camping. she says "you know, where you got hurt". yeah mom, i know.

Lulu said...

yeah that sounds like something you would maybe have a vague memory of. Oh family, they always know just the right thing to say. Happy Holidays!