Thursday, October 30

You Know What's Irritating?

When your remote control stops working. Not all of it though, only certain buttons which inevitably are the most important ones. It first started when the volume up botton sopped working. Not a big deal, I used my tv remote to do that. Then the channel up button stopped working. Annoying but I was able to use the channel down button so I would change it to highest numerical channel and go down from there to see what was on and choose a show. But then the nail in the coffin, the select or ok button is no longer working at all. It started out just being difficult to push so I had to jam my nail in it to get it to work but now it no longer works at all which means if I want to change the channel I have to get up and manually change it on the cable box.

This is simply unacceptable. I grew up with use of a remote control. My dad is the biggest channel surfer of all time and it was from him I learned that it was possible to watch 3 shows at once and that you never have to watch a commercial unless you want to. I have probably watched more commercials in the past week than in the past year and they are absolutely terrible. It makes me mad that people are getting shit loads of money to make these pieces of crap.

I will take my remote in next week and get a new one but if you have ever had to go to Comcast, it ranks right up there with going to the DMV. The line is out the door and the customer service is terrible so I havent been to excited about doing that. Until then, I am bitching and moaning about it. Maybe I will try to McGyver some kind of stick that will reach from the couch. Any ideas of how to do that?

3 comments:

edluv said...

do the numbers work?

Lulu said...

Yes the numbers work but they will only change the station if I enter them and then hit the select button, which does not work. If I enter the station and not hit that button then nothing happens.

Adam said...

I can bring you a long stick from work if you like.