Tuesday, September 30

Internet, I Just Cant Quit You

So far this has been a slow work week for me. Susan is on vacation, although her work load never effects me her constant giggling to herself does, and Tenn has been out sick for two days which has meant I don't have a lot to do. I am not exaggerating when I say that guy misses at least 1 day a week for one reason or another whether it be something to do with his kids or has to go to the dmv or is sick or the cows got lose (seriously he missed a whole day a couple of weeks ago for that). I think my dad is getting fed up but it is hard to tell because he doesnt express emotion, like ever. I feel for me dad though because to fire him would mean his family would suffer financially and although that isnt neccesarily his problem, when someone has worked for you for years it is really difficult to do that to someone.

I am completely getting off track on what I was intending to post though so I am going to re-focus. Ok so, the work week has been slow so and I am actually ahead in my work so I have some free time on my hands that I typically waste doing any of a number of things online; shopping, blogging, reading blogs, emailing people, looking up things I am curious about, finding new workouts etc. Well at around noon today our internet went out for no apparant reason and I had absolutely no idea what to do with myself. Everything I kept thinking I could do I had to be able to have internet access to be able to do. It got me thinking about what a typical work day used to be for people. I know there are plenty of jobs where your day really is always busy but in my line of work it varies from being slammed to being really light all in the same week. So how did people occupy themselves during down time? I ended up playing solitaire about 20 times until finally (thank god) I was able to get online again. Is there anything any of you do to pass time where internet access is not required or am I just an unimaginative person?

Ok back to looking for the perfect red pumps.

1 comment:

Madison said...

Ha! I think back in the olden days they actually did work during the day!!