Tuesday, September 16

From The Mind Of Kasey

Everytime I hear or read the name General Petraeus, my mind immediately goes to the Planet of the Apes musical from The Simpsons where Dr. Zaius is played by Troy McClure and they sing this song:

Petraus and Zaius sound alike and there arent very many words with that sound so apparantly I cannot think of one without thinking of the other. So anytime General Petraeus is mentioned it results in this god awful song getting stuck in my head.
My only consolation is that now it is stuck in someone else's head and someone else might share in my misery.

And I dont know what the deal is with that clip but I couldnt find the real clip on youtube and I just needed the song anyway.

4 comments:

Adam said...

Or, you could think of Amadeus.

Lulu said...

Ok seriously I read about Gen. Petraus 5 hours ago and over and over in my head I can hear the chorus that only says "Dr. Zaius, Dr. Zaius" over and over again. Arrggh.

edluv said...

point of order: troy mclure does not play dr zaius. he is the astronaut that that can talk, sing, and even play piano.

Lulu said...

Ahh you are right. Point taken Ed:)