Monday, September 29

Damn, Just Damn


The men's world record in the marathon was beat by Ethiopian Haile Gebrselassie in Berlin yesterday. He also held the old world record before he beat it. His time was 2:03:59, thats a 4 minute 44 second mile on average. That is just unfuckinbelievable. He also negative split the course which means he ran the second half faster than the first half. Thats right, he ran the second half faster than 4:44. The 35 year old stated 'I Can Run 2:03:30 Or Something Like That' when he was done. I tip my hat to you sir, and thanks for giving me some hope that at 28 I have not yet peaked:)

4 comments:

m.wise said...

women peak later than men...

Lulu said...

Well I hear some thing peak in women when they reach their 30s, but I didnt think running was one of them. Thats just because women in their 30s are busy having babies and raising families and since I have no current plans that take me in that direction, that leaves me more time to train and thus improve:) Take that!

Adam said...

Pssshaw. Call me when they break 2 hours on that bad boy.

Seriously though, that man can run.

edluv said...

i was telling the other throw coach about this (btw, he's a freakin genius of biometrics, has been an olympic coach, and a world class athlete) and when i told him the time he was dumbfounded. that's so incredibly sick of a time, and he negative split it.

we were talking about high jump, and how astronomical it was when the first person went 7', now it's over 8'. or the first sub 4 mile. and now this. crazy.