Wednesday, September 24

New Tattoo



Ok not the real kind - I still havent forgotten how badly my peacock hurt so I am not ready for that yet - but this is one of those "I wish I would have thought of that" ideas. It is a pace tat that lists how fast you should be running each mile in order to make your goal time. Runners typically tuck a piece of paper somewhere that they can refer to or use a band of some kind but this seems much more convenient to be able to glance at while you are running to make sure you are on pace.

At larger races there are pace groups that have a leader who carries a sign with the projected finishing time. It is the leader then who keeps on pace for you, you just have to keep up. I am thinking the Two Cities Marathon may not have that though so I think I am going to order this temporary pace tat for my race. It is only 3 bucks and it will be a lot better than me trying to figure out times in my head, which is what I have done in the past without a lot of success - I dont do well with numbers.

2 comments:

m.wise said...

i wonder how it will hold up to sweat and occasional rubbing against your body. i guess you'll find out, won't you.

Lulu said...

I had the same concern, the website suggests you put it on a couple of hours before you run to make sure it stays put but they also say if you dont remove it with baby oil or rubbing alcohol it will stay on 3-5 days!
I will let you know how that all goes.