Monday, August 25

I am too young for this

You can't pick your parents and therefore cannot pick your genes. Had I the ability to do that I might not be plucking multiple gray hairs each and every day from my 28 year old head. The last time I dyed my hair was a couple of months ago but I dyed it color that matched my natural hair color pretty well, just slightly darker. When it started growing out I began noticing more gray hair than ever. I have always had a few here and there but now they are taking off! Finally, after plucking out 5 and realizing there were probably 10 more I could pluck I knew I was fighting a losing battle. I gave up and decided to take a new approach, dye my hair again.

Now I have been dying my hair since high school, I should know what I am doing by now but I made a rookie mistake. I wanted to change from dark brown/black color I have been sporting and go for an auburn. What I forgot to consider was that since my hair is so dark, color is not going to show up very well except on my roots which took the color very well since it is virgin hair. I knew that the color overall wouldnt change a great deal but now I have roots that are considerably more noticeable than the grays were.

The color will mellow out over the next couple of days but I am going to have to make an appointment to get my hair colored professionally. I love being a girl but damn if it cant get expensive sometimes.

10 comments:

Madison said...

Ha! Put the hair color down! There are a few things I get done professionaly, like clockwork. My hair and my nails. Some things just take a pro's touch!

Abigail said...

I've done some crazy shiz to my hair. Ive been blonde, then dark in less than a month. I never get mine professionally done..too expensive! However, after many boxed dye jobs I think that at any time my hair could start falling out. What a treat that would be.

Adam said...

I think you just dye it all grey, go into work, find your dad and then point to your head, "See what working for you has done to me?!"

Monticore said...

I've had the gray hair since 25 so I know how you feel. Do your self a favor call Monica @ Amenities 449-8332 . If you mention my name she will give you a discount and Aveda's color process is very gentle.

Lulu said...

Approximately how much would that be?

edluv said...

arm and half a leg. seriously, pro jobs aren't cheap.

Lulu said...

Yes I know this, but prices can vary. I dont think it will be in my budget for another few months. It will be something I have to save for but then its just stupid because I have to keep it up so whats the point?

edluv said...

She list color as 75$ but if she considers it a colorection it's 100$. I'm not sure how much the discount is but I guarantee a good job.

edluv said...

heather said that

Lulu said...

actually that is not as bad as I thought...hmmm. It isnt soo bad but I notice it and therefore it bugs me.