Tuesday, August 26

Hello, my name is Kasey and I am an idiot

No sense denying it, today I have been a complete idiot. I had my root canal this morning and if you had asked me what time it was for I would have told you 8:45. I knew what time is was for, I apparantly dont know how to tell time though because I arrived at 7:45 and the girl at the front desk goes "well you know you are early right?" uuhh no I didnt actually not until just now. I got it in my head that I wasnt going to go into work because I wouldnt be there long enough before my appointment and so even though I saw 7:30 on my clock my mind was thinking 8:30. So stupid.

So I go and the roughest dentist I have ever had drill and poke and prode me (and I am not in the mood for pervy jokes so save them, we all saw the inuendo ha ha) for a good 45 minutes and when I leave gives me a perscription for antibiotics that I put in the book I was reading. On my way to get my perscription and my phone rings and it was the dentist, I had left my book and perscription there. So back I go to the office that must think I am a huge idiot by now and I try to smile and thank them but only half my mouth works so I just looked even dumber.

Thinking this is nothing that a cup of coffee cant fix I swing by starbucks and pick up a latte. While at the counter I knock over part of a display that crashes to the ground. But the fun isnt quite over yet, while waiting for my perscription I spill my coffee on me and all over the chair. Luckily I am wearing black so there was no stain, I just smell like I just bathed in espresso.

Now I am at the office, so far uneventful but my jaw and tooth are throbbing pretty hard and my left cheek is swollen. I took a drink of cold water though and no pain!

The end of this week cant possibly be as bad as the beginning so I am looking forward to the upswing.

6 comments:

m.wise said...

i'll hug you when i see you! you need it.

Monticore said...

Sounds like bad week. And he didn't you a prescription for any pain meds. Or do they only do that for wisdom teeth?

Lulu said...

Only for wisdom teeth, he gave me nothing but antibiotics. He made it sound like I would be fine, never mentioned lingering soreness or if I should avoid eating certain foods - nothing. All he said was that went well. It hurts a lot right now and its also giving me a headache. I took aspirin which did nothing and then ibuprophen which usually helps so we'll see. I have refilled my "perscription" last week though so that will also help:)

Adam said...

Ouch, ouch, ouch. Sorry for the rough day. You can have a hug and a free drink from me next time I see you.

Monticore said...

"perscription" haha

Abigail said...

you are a girl after my own heart. one thing after the other...aww.
at least you have your "prescription"