Friday, August 15

Famer's Market

This evening I decided to go to the Old Town Clovis Farmer's Market to get some fresh fruits and veggies. The last Farmer's Market will be held on 9/12 and I highly reccomend that you go before the season is over. On their website it states the it goes from 5-8 but thats not exactly true. They are not allowed to sell anything until 5:30. Seeing as I didnt know that I got there at 5 and had to wait for a half an hour. Did I mention it was 104 degrees?

When I started to realize that my ass was sweating I decided to pop into one of the antique stores and browse around. I do enjoy antique shopping so I ended up browsing for longer than I intended. I found this picture that I loved but it was over a $100 so I just took a picture of it instead.

After browsing I went back outside to pick up the produce that I had eyed earlier. The veggies and fruits were beautiful. Everything was big and bright and colorful. There was also a fairly large variety and they let you sample everything. There were a lot of peaches and nectarines, grapes and peppers but you could also find homemade jams and even peanuts.
This stand had a lot of veggies:

This stand had amazingly fragrant and bright peppers. I got one of those very pump eggplants so I could make eggplant parmesan.

This is what I came home with:

All of that for $15. Extremely fresh and delicious fruits and veggies that are locally grown. The white nectarines in the bag I was told were picked that morning. I will never finish it all so I am going to freeze any remaining berries and use them in smoothies.
I had a good time but kept thinking that this would be a really good date. Buying fresh produce that you can go home and make dinner with or you can eat at one of the restaraunts in the area. Boys, I am telling you this specifically, make a mental note and take your woman (or future woman).

3 comments:

Adam said...

E and I used to go the farmer's market by her place on the weekends every now and then. It was always a good time and some nice exercise.

cofuzz said...

Nice date idea. Now where's the Monday/Tuesday farmer's market?

Lulu said...

There is a Tuesday Farmers MArket at Riverpark. It isnt as nice or as big but it can get the job done. It is in front of the movie theater, behind REI.