Monday, July 14

Things That I love Right Now

1. Gingerale. Sometimes I think I have an old lady soul trapped inside of me. Maybe I just watch Golden Girls too much but I love this drink and I am becoming obsessed with it. With whiskey, without, on a plane, on ice, with a squeeze of fresh lime...love it.

2. Getting up early on Sundays. Although I do miss out on Saturday night I love getting up early and getting a long run in before I would normally even wake up. Yesterday I saw hot air balloons in the distance which are always very beautiful in the early morning haze err light. I also had a super productive day after my run and cleaned my entire apartment (it took like 4 hours, it had been awhile), did laundry and got coffee and read for a few hours. I went to bed exhausted but the good exhausted where you feel accomplished.

3. Audiobooks. I used to feel like I was cheating because I am not actually doing the reading myself, but I find that I get to experience a lot more books when I listen to them. Walking around the neighborhood, at the store, while driving, on the treadmill-all places where real reading isn't possible. I still enjoy reading the old fashioned way too, but audiobooks are fantastic.

4. Self Tanning lotions. I screw up every now and then around the feet but for the most part I look tan without having to lay in the sun for hours.

5. Grapes. The red ones (the green ones have always seemed like the red headed step child of the grape family to me).

5 comments:

Adam said...

I enjoy a nice glass of ginger ale. Of course, I like gin, so I've got an old man trapped inside of me.

And Thompson seedless grapes (gold) are delicious.

Adam said...

And according to Wikipedia, the Thompson grape makes up 97% of California raisin production and 33% of grape production.

I didn't realize they were that prominent.

Lulu said...

I love the thompson grapes as raisins, they are much better than the regular raisins but I dont care for them all that much as a grape. I am weird.

edluv said...

i just want to know how the old lady fits inside your tiny little body? oh, it's just her soul. you should give that back. did it float up from downstairs?

Lulu said...

It couldnt be the soul of the lady downstairs, I just saw her this weekend. She is really creepy.