Monday, June 23

R.I.P.

Last night we had to put one of the family dogs to sleep. Ginger had suffered from infrequent seizures that we thought were under control after putting her on medication but this weekend they overcame her. She had 18 in one day and was suffering when my parents took her to the emergency vet. They induced a coma to calm her down overnight and when they woke her from the coma she went right into seizing again which means that it is most likely she had a brain tumor of some kind. Not wanting her to suffer anymore the decision was made to put her to sleep.

Ginger was our goofy dog that always greeted you with more enthusiasm than anyone ever deserved. Even when it had been a few months since I saw her, she would always bark frantically and excitidly when I came home. Her high pitched bark was literally painful to your ears but you couldnt be mad at anything that could get so excited to see you. Thats what I will miss most, her always trying to "talk" to you

Ironically I am reading the book The Art of Racing in the Rain right now, which is a book written in the perspective of a dog who is about to be put to sleep. I will need a box of kleenex to get through it I am sure.


Anyway, it is a sad day.

4 comments:

edluv said...

my condolences.

Monticore said...

Oh she was a sweet dog.

Adam said...

Best wishes and hopes.

Lulu said...

Thanks guys.