Friday, June 27

I really don't have anything interesting or amusing to say so this will be a random musings post:

-I tried the new ice cream shop in Tower on Wednesday, I believe it is called Scoops. It is very kitschy and also somewhat queer so I liked it immediately. Unfortunately the Superior Dairy ice cream was not available because that side of the freezer had gone out so I had to settle for Foster Farms. I had cookies n' cream, which is a favorite of mine because in order for ice cream to be good, you have to be able to mine for something. Just plain ice cream without a chunk of something to dig for is not acceptable to me. The ice cream was good but I have heard so much about Superior Dairy that I was dissapointed I wasn't able to try it. I will go back to try that later.
-I also was handed a flier on my way there about going vegetarian. Now I respect vegeterians for the moral stance they take. I am sure if I thought about where every piece of meat I eat has come from and the animals that die in unpleasant ways for me, I would have a hard time swallowing. As it is though I don't think about it and thus enjoy how tasty it is. Back to the flier, it was informative and wasn't one of those in your face animal murderer campaigns but it did make me chuckle. They put pictures of animal cartoons on it and the pig is saying "We love you" and the chicken is saying "we pray for you" which struck me funny for some reason. I didn't know chickens prayed for me or that pigs loved me but it was the chickens praying that tickled me. I just kept picturing a chicken walking around, doing the head bob thing and saying "brock,are you there god, brock brock, its me chicken, brock,please help people, brock brock, not to eat me, brock brock!" I know, I am twisted.
-In case you haven't noticed, I am now posting a daily quote on the upper right side of my blog. No reason really just thought I would.

That is all.

2 comments:

edluv said...

i wonder if they were handing veg stuff there due to ice cream being made with milk and cows are being subjugated to immeasurable harshness.

carly said...

How on earth did I miss that fabulous post about chickens praying for us!?

I el-oh-elled at the "are you there god, it's be chicken..." LOL