Tuesday, May 27

Office Humor

Things at my office that no one else but me thinks is funny:

-Tennesse: "He told me he would send me a link to get the standard specifications. Whats a link?"

-My dad asks me to "bird dog" things for him when he wants me to find something online or an old email.

-The removable hard drive is referred to as "the guts" and a computer is a "machine".

-My mom will not type over things but will erase them and then type. So if she wants to go to a different website than the one displayed she puts her cursor on the address bar, backspaces and then types. I have told her repeatidly that she can just double click it and it will highlight and then you can just type over it but she thinks the other way is easier. (My mom does not like change)

-Susan does not know she can silence her cell phone when it is ringing and she cant answer it. If she is on the other phone and it starts ringing she lets it keep ringing until voicemail picks up. This drives me crazy but not as crazy as the next one...

-Susan always answers her cell phone "hello?" as if she has no idea who is calling. Her husband calls her at least 3 times a day, it is always him yet she cant seem to figure that out and it is this big mystery to her of who could be calling. And yes she has caller ID like everyone else.


*Sigh*

6 comments:

Adam said...

Mmmm...good stuff. Of course, I had to picture Gifford the turtle "bird dogging" something.

edluv said...

in the uk, dogging has come to have the meaning of sex in public. not really sure why, or where exactly i learned that.

but that also presents a funny image for you bird dogging an old email or whatever on teh internets, as well as for gifford the turtle engaging in that.

Kris10 said...

They are all showing their age aren't they!!!!

Lulu said...

I think I am showing my age as well. It is so hard to work with people who are nothing like you and/or not even close to your age. I feel like I am in my own little world. If it wasnt for the internet I would implode.

Lulu said...

Oh and one of the definitions of "bird dogging" according to the Urban Dictionary is:

"Arousal of the nipples whilst being stimulated by the fingers and/or tongue. Nipples seeming to perk up in the 'bird dog' fashion."

How is that for a visual?

edluv said...

ummmm.

how is op flip shit shirt going?